Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Butterfly

Happy Monday to all! Before I show you my card for today I wanted to share with you some pics of how we celebrate the Holy Week here in Malta.. just quick ones .. promise.. not to bore you ;)

Well these ones here are pics of Good Friday processions which are held in various towns here in Malta.








This is the Figolla - a Maltese Traditional Sweet which is EATEN after being blessed on Easter Sunday.... Unfortunately this is not a pic of a figolla I made ... 'cos since I started making cards I just stopped making them!!!!


And this is a pic of another Maltese traditional celebration of the Christ has Risen procession on Easter Sunday. A different one than the Good Friday where now the carriers of the statue run with it through the streets.

Go here to watch the video if you like.

Hope you enjoyed those pics from Malta !!

And now for my card ....


Ha ha ... what a contrast :) !!! I've had Bertie Butterfly for quite some time now but only just used it now. I used this gorgeous sketch here for my card and the image I coloured it with my Promarkers.



Now for the challenges.....
1 - Truly Scrumptious Challenge No 29 - The sketch and an optional theme FLY AWAY.

2 - Crafts and Me Challenges.... Challenge No 1 !!!! - Yes that's right it's the first challenge here and the theme is FAIRIES OR WINGS...

3 - Prairie Fairy Fridays - The Challenge for Week 13 is TEXTURE ... I did some embossing.

4 - Crafty Calendar Challenge No 7 - The theme for this month is APRIL FOOLS and could be funny or just something fun and cheerful with an optional extra of embossing.

That's it for today, 'cos my son has been nagging me for quite some time to use the computer... should get another one !!!

Thanks for visiting today. Hope you had a good Easter.
Hugs
xxx

8 comments:

Queen La Rubba said...

Love the card! Super cute! I would say that your embossed paper and stitching also adds some texture to your card! Well Done!!

Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Dora I have so enjoyed looking at the fabulous pictures what a glorious way to celebrate Easter I wish I had been there to see such splendour and talking of splendour I just love your card that beautiful image is so cue loving the texture and your colours and design thank you so much for joining us at PFF this week I do hope we see you again.
Hugs
Lorraine x

gina g said...

Fabulous pictures and gorgeous card love the image. Thanks for joining Crafts and Me for our first Challenge. luv gina xx

I have a Sweet Pea stamp up for grabs on my blog. xx

Kelly said...

Hi Dora! Awesome pictures. Thanks for showing us how you celebrate Easter in your part of the world. Your card is so bright and cheery. Love the colors!

Unknown said...

Adorable! I know what you mean about now doing things since you started making cards! Who need supper? LOL!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!
xoxox

Unknown said...

Whoops! How rude, for got the thank you's! Oh, and your Easter pics are amazing!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!
xoxox

Wendy Hall said...

Bertie looks Fabulous Dora!! Fantastic work!
Hugs
Wendy

Georgia said...

Gorgeous card! The image is so sweet and I love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :) Georgia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...