Followers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

White on White

O wow what a day!!! After work I have been rushing around non-stop.. First it was to the airport as my brother arrived from Australia for a holiday, then home, prepared a little snack for the kids, then took Keith, my older son, to private lessons, and then straight to the dentist for Kevin ...... woooh ... I'm exhausted!

But no more of my boring stuff... today I have my card for this week's challenge at Crafty Sentiments and yay... I was also asked to choose the theme for this week!! So after some thought I decided on White on White as I thought it would make a lovely snowy Christmas Card, and would be another addition to add to my pile of Christmas cards, he he  :)))
For my card I used Amy with Present, that is still a freebie if you still haven't got her, and today I decided to try something different to try and create a snow effect.... I just started scraping the edges of the paper and then added some glitter. I still have to get some practice on this, but I think it came out ok for a first time!

To do the snowflake I used an embossing folder which was a freebie in the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine and then after the embossing I cut around it, adding lots of glitter.

This is the sketch that I followed..


I really hope you will join us this week and don't forget that next week we will be having a bloghop to launch the new Christmas images ..... you can win two new stamps.... so you really can't miss out on this one!


I am entering my card in these challenges..

1 - Christmas Stampin' All Year Long 66 - THE SKETCH
2 - A Spoon Full Of Sugar 125 - WINTER WONDERLAND
3 - Ooh-La-La-Creations 64 - NOTHING FLORAL
4 - Totally Stampalicious - WHITE CHRISTMAS + 3 snowflakes
5 - Simple Doodles 28 - WINTER WARMERS
6 - Lothian Crafts 7 - CHRISTMAS

Thank you for stopping by today.
Hugs
xxx

16 comments:

chrissy xx said...

It's Stunning. Never tried white on white, but Wow! LOve this.
Chrissyxx

Margreet said...

love your Christmas card Dora....I love making white cards!
xxx Margreet

Lothian Crafts said...

That image looks lovely on the beautiful white background. Good luck in our challenge.
Elaine

Berry said...

Absolutely love this Dora! Your distressed edges are gorgeous! Love the big snowfalke too, hugs Rebekah xx

Jac’s Playground said...

I love what you have done with the edges to your card, real wintery feel and love the glittery snowflake, perfect. xx

Wendi said...

Wow absolutely Beautiful love all that embossed work
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the glitter edges with the white card.

Jennifer

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

So much fabulous sparkle!!! What a sweet creation...and that image is ADORABLE!! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!

Maria said...

Beautiful card! You did a fabulous job with the sketch!! Such a creative design!! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas STampin All Year Long!!

Maria

Heather said...

Love the way you've done this, looks so sparkly!

Axa said...

Oh wow, your card makes me hope we get snow this year. Gorgeous!

Claudine Poch said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the fun challenge this week.

li-bee-ti said...

What a super duper lovely card! I love al the embossing and glitter around the edges.
Thank you for playing with us at Simple Doodles, and we hope to see you on our next challenge.

Tip Top said...

Lovely card! Thank you for entering the Simple Doodles challenge - hope you can join us again next time!

Unknown said...

wonderful and stunning card, thanks for joining us at SD!!!

Sandy Ang said...

What fantastic embossing - looks like frosty snow !
Hope to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...