Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Mother's Day Card

Hello everyone, good afternoon. I'm still so busy busy but even busier now with some card orders for Mother's Day  .. Luckily for me yesterday, hubby had quite a few football games to watch on telly so he didn't want to go out.. sunny and nice day as it was.. not like today, very cloudy!! Anyway, I thought I would make a quick post and show you one of the Mother's Day cards that I did.  


For this card I used again the MUM large clear stamp from Woodware which I had got from NEC in March. I inked it with one of my Tim Holtz Distress Inks. For a change I did the background myself this time, using my Tim Holtz distress inks and a clear stamp set that I had won from Cebelica's candy some time ago. The large flower and butterflies were also in this set and I coloured these with my promarkers. I loved how it turned out, it's good to try something different sometimes.
Now this is the same card.. Can't understand how the colours came so different!! 

Some challenges now:
Delightful Sketches - MOTHER'S DAY
Wags 'n Whiskers - DISTRESSING
Polka Doodles - DISTRESSING
Paper Sundaes 119 - MOTHER'S DAY
Really Reasonable Ribbon 47- MOTHER'S DAY + RIBBON
Papertake Weekly - ANYTHING GOES
Tuesday Throwdown 96 - IN THE GARDEN
Truly Scrumptious 79 - DISTRESSING + DIE CUTS/PUNCHES
AUD Sentiments 53 - ANYTHING GOES
Dream Valley 31 - FOR A SPECIAL LADY

And finally some news .. 
There's a new blog in blogland with some fabulous candy on offer. Go check it out here.


Thank you for looking today and all your lovely comments which make me so happy. A warm welcome to my new followers too. Thank you so much for joining me :D

xxx



25 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Love your CAS card it sure is pretty...

amanda stokes said...

Hi Dora,
Gorgeous card,love all the details :) x

Margreet said...

Beautiful Dora....completely different style!
xxx Margreet

NanaConnie said...

This is so spectacular, Dora! Lovely card for Mum. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown this week and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie TT DT

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the MUM stamp...

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is gorgeous . Beautiful background
Lisax

Lisa Minckler said...

Pardon the drool, I can't seem to close my mouth. This card is captivating. I really, REALLY love the colors here. The entire design is so perfect for a very worthy mother. :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Dora this is absolutely beautiful, I love the sentiment as the central focal point, the design and colours are really wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharon said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card and I love your background. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.x

Unknown said...

Dora beautiful card and what fantastic stamping and colours well done Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Adorable card Dora love that stamp! Big hugs Jo xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh this is so beautiful Dora I love the raised flower and butterfly and the colour is gorgeous, well done of your background very professional looking xx

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is stunning,just adore this,brilliant,the stamping,and colours Hun are just amazing,brilliant,Hun xxx
Hugs Cheryl xxxxxxx
You could,enter this into MMC challenge,hugs xxx

JayBe said...

A really pretty card - I love the warm colour scheme and your stamped background. Thanx for joining us at the Polkadoodles challenge. Jan xx

Kim x said...

This is stunning Dora. i love the colours.
Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Kimx

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card.

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors and of course, the added butterfly!

pinky said...

Stunning creation Dora, so different for you but so beautiful! You should do this style more often you are so good at it.

Carissa said...

Oh Wow! This is stunning. Such a gorgeous creation. Hugs, Carissa

Kim said...

This is gorgeous! Sometimes new things surprise us.

Kathleen said...

Ooh so pretty! Love the colours and the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs
Kat xx

Chriss America Real said...

How lovely! I love the color combinations that you used! Thank you for playing along with the Delightful Challenge Team this week!

Hugs,

Chriss

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely Mum's card, thanks for sharing at Dream Valley this time.

mags said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the central image. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
Mags
x

buglvr2010 said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...