Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crafty Sentiments # 43

Hi ladies, good morning. I have two cards today....

This is my first one and it's my DT Card for this week's challenge at Crafty Sentiments. The theme this week is REMEMBRANCE DAY, but you can just use the colour red, red flowers or even better, poppies! 

For my card today I used Amy with Basket 1, which I coloured with my promarkers and some gorgeous freebie papers from Cardmaking and Papercraft... I thought they were just perfect for this theme.

I cut up the paper in squares and then after gluing them, I pierced all around with my sewing machine, adding some swirls with my stamps from Inkadinkadoo. It took me quite a bit of courage to cut up the paper, as I've never done something like this before, and didn't know if I would like it or not but I wanted to try this out after I saw one of Melissa's lovely sketches at Tuesday Morning Sketches some time ago, and which I didn't manage to do in time.

I really loved how it turned and happy too that I tried it even though I didn't follow it exactly, but I especially loved the main squares in the sketch!

So now head over to the blog for more amazing inspiration by the lovely DT ladies and to check out what's up for grabs this week! 


I would like to enter my card in these challenges
One Stop Craft 105 - EMBOSSING
Speedy Cats Friends 28 - PAPER PIERCING

Thanks for looking today.
Hugs
xxx




10 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

beautiful card Dora, love the paper and lo of this. Congrats on your GDT at Digi Doodles xx

chrissy xx said...

Fab card Dora. LOve your backing paper. You did a great job on the piercing lol.
Chrissyxx

Tammylee said...

Great job and wonderful coloring~

Hugs
Tammylee

Virgo5 said...

Great card, love the layout!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

So pretty!!!
Thanks sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card Dora, real pretty, I see you are really busy! Hugs JO xxx

Kelly said...

Great card Dora. The paper is gorgeous and your coloring is over the top...as usual!

Joanne Travis said...

So sweet! Love the coloring and layout.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

EFI said...

Dora i just loooove your cards!

Cathy Spicer said...

Lovely card - great details. Thanks for playing at OSC. I love the grid background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...