Followers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Birthday Card

I had meant to post this card tomorrow, but yikes... I just noticed that one of the challenges which I was following to make this card ends tomorrow!!!! ... and I definitely didn't want to miss this one.. I made such an effort ... so I decided to post it today instead and then do my blog hopping tomorrow as have to go out now ...

Here it is... like ? I used Karen's Cat and Mouse stamp for my card today, which I coloured with my promarkers...


Wasn't sure which photo I liked best.. taken in the sun or not..

so I uploaded both :|



This is the photo inspiration that I followed..


and the sketch ...


I wasn't going to try this sketch, you might have noticed that I usually follow easier ones, but then I decided to give it a go. What are challenges for if I always try easy one? But anyway, when I finished it... wow I said.... I like THIS !!!! I will definitely try the harder ones now even though they will take me hours to finish he he :)

I am entering this card in the Polka Doodles Acqua Promarkers Mega Contest and also in these other challenges..

1 - Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 25 - PHOTO INSPIRATION
2 - Cute Card Thursday Challenge 122 - THE SKETCH
3 - Karen's Doodles UK Challenge 20 - A BIRTHDAY CARD
4 - Crafty Catz Challenge 42 - SUMMER TIME
5 - Crafty Creations Challenge 77 - HAPPY OR SWEET
6 - Gingersnap Creations, Random Redhead Challenge 63 - SUNSHINE

Thank yo so much for looking today, hope you had a great weekend. Was very windy here in Malta, but we still went for a swim.. must upload some photos ..

Hugs
xxx

22 comments:

Heidi said...

Super cute card Dora! I love the papers you used! I know what you mean about taking hours to make a card! I seem to do one little detail, tidy my space up a bit, then do another bit, tidy up again. I think if I did less of the tidying I'd get more card making done!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so pretty!! I love the colors and the flowers are so cute!

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the dotted flowers.

Jennifer

Janie Printz said...

What an adorable card. Love that image & you've colored it beautifully. Love the design too ...
Hugs, Janie

cheryl said...

oh dora hun you always make the most amazing cards they are always so beautifully colured and always brilliant detail hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Kelly said...

Ooooooh so pretty Dora! LOVE the paper you used and how you added the flowers. The picture looks great both ways...inside and out!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Dora! Love the colours and your flowers look great. Thanks for playing at Karens Doodles UK. Viv x

Cor* said...

This is just beautiful those colors (matching the hearts so well)! LOVE IT! Great sketch, you matched it perfectly. Amazing what a little sun will do to colors of papers! I like the sun shot better!

Lin said...

This is adorable. I love the soft subtle colouring and you have followed the sketch to perfection. I agree with Cor. Amazing what difference a little sun can make and I prefer the first shot too, it's warmer looking.

Anyhow enough of my waffling. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dora
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Anonymous said...

THis is just so cute and gorgeous :D. Love it. :D

Anne said...

It's a great card Dora, yes sometimes the harder sketches are well worth the extra effort as you've discovered.
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles this week
Anne x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Dora you have followed that sketch brilliantly I so love the delicate colours, the papers and I love how you have embossed the flowers that bow real shines with the sun on it and finally the image is gorgeous I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ulwa said...

Super cute card!
//Ulwa

Deb said...

so glad you used the sketch your card is stunning! Love the colours and the love hearts inspiration! many thanks for using my sketch on CCT this week, hugs Debx

Vixykins said...

Oh wow Dora this is just gorgeous!! It really is a stunning card! I ran a mile from the sketch and you've done it sooo well!

Fantastic hunny well done x

Thank you for playing crafty cardmakers photo challenge x

Lindsey said...

What a great card. I love this! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Aunty Sue said...

Stunning card thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful, I bet your glad you attempted that sketch, it turned out absolutely fabulous.

Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles.

Hugs Tracy x

Joey said...

Hi Dora

this is stunning, fabulous colour and design, thanks for joining us at kduk

Joey.x

carol said...

hiya...lovely card, i like both of them, the colours so change with the different light.. adorable image too, thanks for playing along with CraftyCatz this week, x carol

Merry said...

This is so sweet...great colours and love the bow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...