Followers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shaped Cards

Hello good morning everyone. Still in Rome I am :) ... up to Friday, when back home (on Friday) I have to pack an overnight bag again and leave for a team building event with my colleagues starting on Friday and being held over the weekend! I'm really not looking forward to that which is understandable arriving back home on the same day, but really couldn't avoid it!

Anyway, back to my card, and this time I have a SHAPED CARD for the new challenge starting today at Crafty Sentiments.

For my card I thought that I didn't want to do the usual shapes, so I decided to try a Shaped Card in the form of a tree! I didn't have the template so I cut out the tree shape myself and I must say I am really pleased with the result :)


To do the card I cut out the tree shape, from green card, three times. I then made a fold in the centre of two of them and then stuck half of each card together with glue. I stuck the other half of each to the other tree on which I hadn't made a fold.

The image that I used this time is one of the oldies from Crafty Sentiments which I colored with my promarkers. Papers are from stash and little white flowers with my Memory Box die. The grass die is Die Namics and then I finished it off with a sentiment, a little bow and the fun cat.


This is what you can win this time

I hope you can come and play with us and would love it to see if I have inspired you to try making a tree shaped card like mine :)

Thank you for looking
xx


Entering my card in these challenges today
Kaboodle Doodles - ANYTHING BUT SQUARE



19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wow! brilliant shaped card. Great image Ginny x

Chrissy said...

I love your tree shaped card Dora, fabulous card, love the cute image and the tiny flowers, so adorable.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oooh dora love this! that tree is amazing! you have done such a great job...love that little cat too :)

Hanneke said...

This is such a great card Dora! I love the shape you created! I hope you are enjoying Rome, have fun! Hugs, Hanneke

brenda said...

What a very imaginative shape Dora, love it.

B x

Doreen said...

gorgeous card Dora - so cute
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic Dora,love your tree shape, hope Rome was enjoyable, your going to need another week off to recooperate xx

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Dora, This is absolutely stunning and your shape card is amazing!! beautiful image too xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Dora, this is absolutely fabulous, I like the sweet image the cat and the way you have made the tree.
Kevin xx

Debs said...

Adorable card Dora - I can see why you are happy with the end result - such a fab idea.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Debs xx

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic Dora.

Mary J said...

Oh I love this Dora! So cute!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

How cute is that??? I LOVE IT!!!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dora. The image is fab and I LOVE your tree!!
Hope you're having a great holiday
Lorraine x

cebelica said...

I like the unique shape of your card. Looks great! Hugs! xx

Tracy said...

Great card !! has a summery feel to it.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh this is beautiful, I love the sweet image and the shape is fab, hope you are having a lovely weekend
Lindsay xx

sallysbitz2 said...

Such a Gorgeous shaped card, loving the papers used too x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Sonia said...

Fantastic card Dora:) You are an amazing talent:) Love the SHAPE:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...