Followers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Ballerina

It's a Public Holiday here in Malta, celebrating Victory Day. You would think we went out for the day... NO!!! ... had the kitchen finally done, hooray hooray :))) so spent the day cleaning up the mess! Well, it's the only day we could do it as I will be away for the weekend .. ha ha yes.. and it's to do with packing bags again he he :) I'm off to Vienna for the weekend with my workmates... awesome :) But that's not all, it's paid by the company where I work, you know, like a yearly bonus! Last year we went to Sicily for a day and this time we're going to Vienna for 2 days/ 1 night. I'm so looking forward to this as I've never been there!

This is a card I managed to finish off. It's for someone who is leaving their office job to have more time for their passion, hence the image. Very different from the ones I usually do.. 'cos I'm not using any promarkers and I'm also using glitter, which I hardly ever use.



Well, I got me this pink glitter from Orlando, and decided to use it on the ballerina and on the papers as well.



The papers were a freebie in one of the issues of the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. I thought they were so beautiful that it was a pity to hide them under lots of embellishments and other goodies.. unless it's my mojo gone haywire after my holiday!!

Here are my challenges for today.

1 - Craft Your Days Away Challenge No 3 - GIRLY AND GLITTER
2 - Your Next Stamp Challenge No 24 - ANYTHING GOES
3 - Crafts And Me Challenge No 12 - GEMS AND SPARKLE
4 - Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge No 121 - PINK + butterfly, angel or fairy
5 - Aly's Sunday Challenge No 24 - PINK
6 - Alphabet Challenge - S for SCALLOPS
7 - Allsorts Challenge No 68 - NEW BEGINNINGS

Hugs
xxx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dora,
What a gorgeous card, really elegant. Are there any vacancies where you work, I would love to go to Vienna!! Hope you have a great time
Yvonne x

Jodi said...

Love your pretty pink ballerina! She is just perfect for the challenge!! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Joni Parker said...

So very pretty!! Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge!!!

Brenda Brown said...

LOve the glitter and the style of the card Dora. Have a wonderful weekend you lucky thing. Wish I was going with you. Will want to hear all about it next week.
luv B xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just so pretty really love that image gorgoues colurs too hugs cheryl xxx

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the pink ballerina. Have fun on your holiday!

Jennifer

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Dora! Super sweet! I love the silhouette and all the pink!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Dora I love both the papers and image as well and the punched border and bow. I think you were right not to cover up the gorgeous paper with embellishments, it look just gorgeous as it is.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tammy said...

I am sure you will have a wonderful getaway. So nice to see new places. :) Enjoy yourself!!
What a pretty and danty card you have made too.
smiles...Tammy

Axa said...

super sweet card Dora! Love the ballerina. :)

Kathyk said...

Great card, your friend will love it - love that pink glitter.

Enjoy your Vienna trip and I bet you are well pleased to have finally got your kitchen finished and clean - soooooo much dust!!!

Kathyk

Danni said...

A beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Cor* said...

Gorgeous! Dancing so peacefully in the garden of flowers! LOVE IT! and those corners.....suh-weet! Another stunner!

made by fifi said...

beautiful card - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Lesley said...

A very pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA and Alphabet Challenges xx

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card Dora, I agree, the paper is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away, good luck with the challenge xxx

Kelly said...

What a gorgeous card, really elegant. The colors are perfect with the ballerina image!

gina g said...

Beautiful card pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Vixykins said...

Such a pretty delicate card x

Thank You for playing Crafts & Me challenge x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...