Followers

Friday, October 21, 2011

A New Auntie

So I'm back again with another post today and this time my card I made for a New Auntie. First time doing a card for a new auntie, so I really wasn't sure what to do, but finally I decided on one of my favourite Kraftin Kimmie stamps, Diana New Mama ... with a few changes.... 

.. in fact, Diana has a bow on her hair and also some towels near her legs and I thought that if I removed these, she would look more like an auntie than a mummy. What do you think? 



The papers that I used were a magazine freebie, sentiment computer generated, colored Diana with my promarkers, some distressing and faux stitching today and card candy and a bow to finish it off. 

I am entering my card in these challenges today.
Kraftin Kimmie 100 - FAVE KRAFTIN KIMMIE STAMP
Creative Craft Challenges - CONGRATULATIONS
Fab n Funky 95 - DISTRESSED or TORN
I Love Promarkers 88 - AIN'T IT CUTE

Thanks again for looking.

Hugs
xxx






18 comments:

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Dora,your right she does look like an Auntie with the bits taken away...Gorgeous colours...Have a lovely weekend...
Mandy x

Sandra H said...

Dora to say this is your 1st Aunty card you have done a fabulous job:) Sandra H

Nana Diana said...

This is just lovely Dora!! So soft and sweet, perfect for a new baby stamp. I think it's a lovely 'new Auntie' card. The bow really sets it off!! Great job! BTW, I'm Kimmie's Mom, NanaDiana and Kim named the stamp for me. Aren't I blessed?

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous! I think you might have started something with this Dora!
Great card! Great idea!
Chrissyxx

Lorraine said...

That's just lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is gorgeous, I love the image, lovely colours and lush ribbon too :)
Kelly.x

Margreet said...

your auntie change has succeeded...she's wonderful!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

Hi Dora, that is a gorgeous card. I bet the new auntie will love it and the image works perfectly trimmed to suit the occasion. Sarah PS Thanks for letting me know about the challenge, it's not one I've come across before, but I've entered it!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Dora this is just full of so much sweetness, the image, papers and design look wonderful.
hugs
Lorraine x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Dora...so love the colours hun...

have a super weekend....big hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love the card candi on the corners and the way you have made the main image really pop from the rest of the card
Lindsay xx

Chrissy said...

Definitely an auntie...fabulous card, love your colouring, sentiment is really lovely..great papers.

Luv CHRISSYxx

cheryl said...

oh dora hun this is just brilliant really fab card for an auntie,love your coloring and that sentiment is perfect,hun bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week,love cherylxxxx

martina's kaartjes said...

hi dora, thanks for visiting my blog ! lovely card you've got there ! love the soft colors
have a nice day,
greetings, martina
x

An Occasional Genius said...

Aw what a sweet idea! It's a super sweet card Dora & gorgeous papers! xx

Sharon said...

What a sweet creation.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Dora :) This is gorgeous hun!

I love how you have adapted the image, its perfect for an aunt :)

Great colouring and really cute.

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

My name is Wynneth said...

How lovely and just perfect for a new Auntie. Thanks for joining us on I Love Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...