Followers

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blue Wedding

Thank you for all your comments and opinions on my last wedding card. I truly appreciate them. I have another Wedding Card today. This is another of the reasons why I was so busy lately ... another request but this time they wanted a super big wedding card with touches of blue !! I don't like doing very large cards, but the request came from my friend and it was very important for her as well.. ... 

so I gave it my best efforts and this is what I came up with.

I am doing wet embossing again today, I loved this technique so much that I wanted to do it again, but this time I used black embossing powder and another flourish stamp from the Inkadinkadoo stamp set... this one is slightly larger. I also embossed the Lili of the Valley stamp .. love the touch of the raised embossing. I coloured my image with promarkers, the hearts and leaves are Marianne Creatables dies. Corners and rings near sentiment are peel offs.

A close-up of my gorgeous flowers which came all the way from Australia. .. and lucky me I won these ...

and all these as well ... all in one candy which I won from Cheryl last month... yay so exciting :) so many lovely goodies to play with. 


I am entering my card in these challenges today.
Marianne's Design Divas - DYING TO DIECUT
Divas By Design 14 - USE METAL (for the silver pearls)
Crafty Catz 107 - ANYTHING GOES
Lollipop Crafts 55 - ANYTHING GOES
Papertake Weekly - ANYTHING GOES



Thank you for looking

Hugs
xxx

21 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Sometimes it's hard to know what to put on large cards to fill the space...I like making them but not as orders, prefer just working to my own wishes!

You've created an absolutely gorgeous card here though Dora, I think you've really done your friend proud xx

nicolet said...

OOh this is adorable!!
Hugs Nicolet

Anita said...

Absolutely stunning Dora. Beautifully colored image and I really like the soft colors you used. The flowers are gorgeous and so is that flourish. I'm sure your friend will love it!

Creations by Shirl said...

I'm sure they were so happy to receive this card that you made for them... It is so adorable Dora..
Love it..
Have a great weekend!

Kathyk said...

Smashing - I'm sure the happy couple will love it.

Happy Saturday Dora

Kathyk

Sandra H said...

Hi Just love your card its beautiful and your candy too!:) Sandra H

chrissy xx said...

Gorgeous! LOve how you have distressed round the image Dora.
LOve those hearts! LOve the flowers! LOve everything.
Chrissyxx

Sonia said...

Hi Dora
Your card is fab and elegant! pretty image and details!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week. Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Brenda Brown said...

This is adorable Dora and the touches of blue are perfect - your friend and recipients will absolutely love it.
Hope you are having a good weekend. We are having fireworks later with the girls (although I can hear lots going off now).
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Dora...love the bigger card and all your lovely details..gorgeous image, and love the flourish,so beautifuuly done.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Hannelie said...

Hi Dora!
This is a lovely wedding card!
I love the subtle colouring of the image, great job!
Love
Hannelie

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Dora this is stunning the image and design are beautiful, the embellishments look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Hi Dora, what a lovely card. Great image and wonderfully coloured.

I also have a friend who asks for big cards - I find it very difficult - that big a space is quite scary!

Sarah

Jacilynn said...

how pretty! I haven't seen this stamp...it's very sweet.
love

Jenny said...

A lovely elegant card.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card and thanks for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ this week. xxx

carol said...

super pretty card, great wedding date 11.11.11 thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ, x carol

Kelly said...

Ooooh SO pretty! Love the soft colors and what you did with the corners

Brenda Brown said...

Just me again to say thanks for joining the Divas this time round and we look forward to seeing you again.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgoeus card hun, I'm sure your friend will love it!
Hope your ok

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Crafteezee said...

This is gorgeous, so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Marianne's Divas. Hugs Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...