Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fancy Fold

I am so late with my card today. The weather has been dull and cloudy for these last few days, raining a bit as well, and I thought I would wait for the sun to come out so that I could take a decent picture of my card. I did use my daylight light to take a photo inside, but not having one of those boxes, I just wasn't that pleased still!

Anyway, sun still not out, but not that bad today, and anyway again, can't let it any longer... so here is my card, and it is my DT card for this week's new challenge Crafty Sentiments.

The theme for today is FANCY FOLD CARDS with a twist... NO EASEL CARDS. I made a tent card for mine ...

.. and used this darling rubber stamp, Primrose Taking A Break, from the Autumn Collection.

I coloured my stamp with promarkers, flowers are from stash, leaves punch Martha Stewart, butterfly XCut and papers were a freebie gift in a magazine. On the papers I stamped some leaves today, using a four-sided block rubber stamp from Stampendous. Had this for ages, but it's the first time I am using it! 

 Today had lotsa fun cutting out lots of grass with my Die-Namics die. In fact on the front there are four layers and on the inside quite a few more.

The lovely clear stamp sentiment is also from Crafty Sentiments as is the wonderful Vintage Label Die, which I distressed with my NEW Tim Holtz distressing inks that I bought... first three I have.. been wanting to get me some of these and finally got the courage to try them out.. Having so much fun experimenting with them now :)


I am entering my card in these challenges today
Simon Says Challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Charisma Cardz 43 - ANYTHING GOES
Pollycraft Monday 17 - ANYTHING GOES
Dream Valley Challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Crafty Ribbons 5 - BINGO (Dies, Flowers, Ribbon)
Totally Gorjuss 104 - I REMEMBER (for the playing with the butterflies on the grass)

Thank you for looking today and a big welcome to my new followers. Thank you for following me.

So hope to see you come playing with us this week... Two chances to win some gorgeous digis from the store. .. and if you use promarkers, Suzette is having a great deal at the store. Buy a set of Promarkers and you will get 5 ultra fine nibs for FREE!


Hugs
xxx












33 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous..... love all the detail in this fancy fold card, beautiful work and so bright and cheerful! Jo xxxx

Chrissy said...

So pretty Dora, she is such a cutie and looks like she really is playing with those butterflies...love the tent fold and gorgeous details.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heidi said...

Absolutely beautiful card Dora, I LOVE it! Hugs heidi x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG Dora, you did a fantastic job. It's so pretty, colorful, and cheerful and put a smile on my face. Awesome!!!

scrappyjacky said...

Very pretty,Dora....love the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Pretty card. I an so sorry. Yes I did recieve my goodies from you. I have been super busy. I forgot to email you thank you soliloquy much

Cor* said...

Cute! Good twist.....no easle cards. When you hear fancy fold you automatically think Easle Card! this is a tricky one for sure!!! yay!! That sentiment is great!

pinky said...

This is just gorgeous Dora, so much detail!! Thanks for joining us at CRAFTY RIBBONS.
Pinky

Vicky said...

Ooh very pretty hun....so love the gorgeous colours and cute image.....

big hugs Vicky xx

Caz said...

Beautiful card...

Caz xx

Vee said...

This is so sweet Dora love the little butterflies and flowers! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Anonymous said...

So cute love the flowers and the background
Lindsay xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Stunning card Dora, love all those layers of grass really effective. xx

Sandra H said...

Dora your card is absolutely beautiful:) Sandra H

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great design! Love the image and the grass is perfect!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just brilliant oh just love this to bits,stunning work hun hugs cherylx

Tracey said...

This is absolutely wonderful Dora! I love everything about it :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Jules said...

Hi Dora

A fabulous card.

I love the layout and colours.

So many beautiful elements!!

Love Jules xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Dora .Beautiful card .Reminds me of a spring day in the park . Love all the elements to this .
thanks for your visit and comment to my post .
hugs Shirley-Anne

sara said...

gorgeous i love tent cards such a cute image too thank you so much for joining us at dream valley this week
hugs sara x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh this card is sooo super sweet!!! I love the grass, layers and the beautiful window. Looks like a perfect day!!!

HUGS and smiles.

Arabella said...

Aww this is just so gorgeous! Fabulous card!

Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge this week at Pollycraft!

Arabella

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Dora~
I saw you commenting all over in blog world and I finally found your blog page... Wow, love all your creativity you got going on here.... You really have some beautiful cards.. I'm your newest follower too, hop on by and become my follower too.. I also have a card swap going on in December, you are welcome to play along?

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh what a beautiful card! I love your grass and your stamped leaves are so pretty. Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley.

chrissy xx said...

Dora It's Stunning! LOve the colours! LOve the image! Love the papers! LOve the butterflies! LOve everything lol.
Chrissyxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is gorgeous hun! LOVE all those little details.

Deanne :)

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Dora!
Your card is a drooler. :) She IS cute sitting on that frame and all those flowers are fantastic. Every little detail is perfectly placed and it's a true pleasure to admire. :)
Thank you so much for your visit the other day, it was great hearing from you again. Loved looking through all your cards...always a pleasure!
Hope you're doing well.
Big hugs to you...
Lisa xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Dora this is uber cool, I adore the detail you have gone to with it, Love Hazelxox

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant tent card Dora love the papers that make it look like a real garden scene and the colours of the flowers add that little bit of pop, love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love it hun, fab idea! Love the grass
hugs shell xx

Heather said...

So gorgeous, love your folds and that aperture looks fantastic :)

Bettina L. said...

Really pretty. Love the colour combo and the shape. Thanks for sharing your memory at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettinaxx

Shuly said...

EXCELLENT CARD ! very inspiring, i'll try to make one like that!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...