Followers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A CAS Wedding

Lately I had been lacking a bit with my comments, sorry lots and lots girls.. .. this is one of the reasons why ..  I've been asked to do SOME very simple Wedding Cards for the MOST important guy where I work to give out!!! Yikes ... I nearly had a heart attack.. this is totally out of my comfort zone.. and for whom, even whenever he calls I get quivers ha ha!!! Obviously I couldn't give up on this challenge... .. 

..soo I got me a new flourish stamp from Inkadinkadoo and also a VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad to do wet embossing and I managed to do me this one for now...  First time I am trying this technique. Had the heat gun and embossing powder for ages but not the ink and courage to try it out!! 


This is my second attempt, same style of card but using nicer card. I loved this one much better for the card...


flourish came out better too.. but not the other stamp... so I need to do another one again!! The rings are a peel off, the Mr & Mrs stamp is from a Forever Friends Clear Stamp set, nesties are Spellbinders and border I did that manually, using just a part of a Sizzix embossing folder!


Well, fingers crossed he will like it.. but still I need to come up with some more.... so hard, taking me ages!

I am entering my card in these challenges -
The Corrosive Challenge 136 - WITH A FLOURISH
Lollipop Crafts 55 - ANYTHING GOES
Pollycraft Monday 117 - ANYTHING GOES
Papertake Weekly - ANYTHING GOES


Thank you always for looking... and welcome to my new followers.

Hugs
xxx





19 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Dora, Well if he isn't pleased its his loss! they are both wonderful although the hammer card does stand out better but i wouldn't be bothered if it was plain white or hammered they are just stunning:) Sandra H

LindaS said...

Vers elegant. Love the swirls in Brown ned the gentle touch of colors. Rigt into my favs.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Stunning card, Love the CAS feel to it, Hazelxoxo

Chrissy said...

Very elegant Dora...love the cardstock on the second too.Maybe use the first Mr.Mrs label on the second csrd...the heat emossing might not like the heavier card...all in all, they are really lovely.I'm sure he will be happy with your [quivering] effort.lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Dora these are both elegant and classy, the colours, sentiment and that flourish look perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

chrissy xx said...

Oh! Dora I do feel for you!
I LOve both these cards! LOve the style of them! LOve the colours! LOve the embossing!
Chrissyxx

Joey said...

Very elegant card Dora, love the cardstock you used. thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey x

Sandi said...

Just beautiful Dora, I enjoying popping over to see your creations.

Kathyk said...

I've been a bit AWOL too - good to see you back and your invites are looking good.

GOOD LUCK with your commission

Kathyk

Fleur said...

Dora this is simply perfect.
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

cheryl said...

oh dora hun you have done an amazing job with this oh hun its just stunning really love love this to bits,and they will just love it too,hugs cherylxx

Mary J said...

Wow, how very beautiful Dora!

Hope you have a fab weekend lined up honey!

Sonia said...

Hi!
Elegant wedding card!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week.
Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Unknown said...

Lovely simple wedding card but a lot of work I see.... Sending hugs Jo xxx

Sandra said...

So elegant.... love them!
Sandra x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Dora :-) I am sure he will love them ,,, very stylish :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Dora, Well I have to say I like the hammered card better but I like the gentle sponging on the first one as well although I wonder if it'a bit bright to perfectly complement the card... Hope you don't mind me giving my opinion!

For trying out this technique for the first time, I think they both look amazing!! I'm sure he will be wowed xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the simplicity of this card... very elegant.....
Great card Dora!

Unknown said...

Hi Dora, both very elegant cards. Myself I like the first card best - but then I'm not so keen on textured card. I like my card to be pure white and smooth. I hardly ever use coloured card bases.

Love the flourish as well.

Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...