Followers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Birthday Card and Photos

It's hubby's birthday today and here is the card I made for him .... yesterday! .... NOT ONE OF MY BEST unfortunately... but I really find men's cards so hard to do! He really liked it though, and the kids too, especially since I asked them to choose the picture themselves.
Stamp is from Phindy's Place, coloured with my promarkers, star brad from Papermania and this is the sketch that I followed. 
 
Here is also the greeting on the inside of the card, using a stamp from Hero Arts. It seemed it was just made especially for me because today I went to his office and left him this big cake... as a surprise... which  I had ordered last week!!  He he I was so excited when I went to leave it there :) Yum .. I hope he leaves me a little piece.
Look at the decoration, I love that gorgeous ribbon around the cake.... something for me as well :))

Sorry for the longish post today, but I also got some photos from the exhibition now !!! They still have to hang up our write-up (and photo) on the boards...  but everyone's displays are done now. 
There are amazing items on display, jewelery, cross stitch, sculptures, model cars.... I'll get some photos of the other stands tomorrow as well.

This is my stand


The inauguration has been moved to tomorrow afternoon now, so expect more photos tomorrow :))) 

And of course some challenges for my card today.... wouldn't be me, would it !!! 
Sketch And Stash 55 - THE SKETCH
Sir Stampalot February - ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL
Cards For Men 4 - 1 IMAGE, 2 DPs, 3 EMBELLISHMENTS (star, ribbon, gems)
Paper Sundaes 57 - MASCULINE COLOURS


I really have to go now, we're going out for dinner tonight and I still have to get ready! 


I'll be seeing you later this week.


hugs hugs hugs
xxx



26 comments:

Margreet said...

congrats to your hubby, Dora....you made him a beautiful card...love the image...that cake is gorgeous....what a sweet idea!...love your stand at the exposition....hope you sell a lot!
xxx Margreet

chrissy xx said...

Great card with such a cute image. Fabulous cake....That looks really yummy!!!
The exhibition looks just wonderful... so pleased to see the photo's Dora cause you sound really really busy. The cards look super too. Have a lovely evening.
Chrissyxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

first of all congrats to yr husband and secondly, is there still a piece leftover for me? mjammie!

Suzanne said...

Your stand looks amazing, great cards. Hugs Sue x

Mandy said...

Lovely card,I can see why your husband loved it...And look at that gorgeous scrummy cake...Your stand looks beautiful as well...
Mandy x

scrappyjacky said...

A card and a cake,Dora.....bet he loved them both.
Your stand at the exhibition looks great.

pinky said...

Its a lovely little card Dora, I bet Eernest loved. Yum to the cake, hope he did keep you some lol. Wow I am so impressed with your display. The white backgrounds really set the cards off beautifully:) Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.

Kathyk said...

I like the image on Ernest's card too. I do hope that you will be recycling that super black and white ribbon. Your exhibition looks great and your stand spectacular - ENJOY

Kathyk

Vicky said...

Your card is gorgeous hun and the image soooo cute! fab cake too and the exhibition looks wonderful ~ good luck sweetie :o)

thank you for joining us at sketch n stash and good luck!!

hugs Vicky xx

Tanya said...

Love the card. I have a hard time with masculine cards too, but yours is fab! That image is really too cute. And that cake.... awesome!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Dora, I love the colours & that cake looks amazing :o)

Fantastic photos of the exhibition & your stand looks amazing! (I'm quite jealous).

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Chrissy said...

Cute hubby card, happy birthday hubby.
Your stand looks fabulous, how exciting to see your work displayed like that.
Luv CHRISSYxx

cheryl said...

oh hun i love the card,and sure hubbie will too oh that cake is just gorgoues,great pictures too hun hope it all goes well,hugs cheryl xxxx

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Dora, I always find men's cards tricky too.
I hope OH left you a bit of cake!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch n Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

i love your adorable card.
Wow.. love your booth too and such a lovely cake. All the best tomorrow.. hugs..xxx

~@ngie~ said...

WOW you are a busy bee aint ya ;o)
the image is just sooooo cute.. & the colours are perfect... I LOVE IT!! the cake looks scrummy too ;o)

Thanx for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash... good luck ;o)

xXx Angie xXx

Cheryl said...

OH WOW your card is BEAUTIFUL,I just love that image and your design is FABULOUS!!! Happy Birthday to your husband!! BTW that cake looks so good,I want cake now...lol...
Hugs xx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your booth is awesome!! Very cool cards!

Francesca said...

What a wonderful card with a great image

Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this Month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

WeirdCat said...

Fab card, am getting into Phindy's images, I like the star on the ribbon. The cake looks(or probably looked by now) great and those card stands look great with the bright colours against the white

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kelly said...

Super cute card, I'm sure your husband loved it! Great pictures!

Sally H said...

That image is gorgeous! Brilliant card. Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Daniele said...

wow you have been busy, the card looks fabbie as does that cake. Good luck with the exhibition. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this week
hugs

Faye said...

Oh Dora, you should be happy with this card, it's such fun card made me smile. I love your interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sketch n Stash this time. x

Mandy said...

A lovely card...Great image and colouring...
Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men...Sorry I'm late with my comment but my internet has been playing up...
Mandy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...