Followers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lemon and Lilac at Crafty Sentiments

Are you ready for another challenge at Crafty Sentiments ....this week the challenge theme was chosen by the lovely Rebekah and it's LEMON AND LILAC!

Now do you ever see me using these colours on my cards.... nooooooooo ... well this is just the reason why I love challenges so much!!!!  I now just hope to remember to use these colours again because I really loved this colour combo and am so pleased how it turned out.

For my card today I'm using this darling fairy Taski, a Birthday Digi Circle Sentiment, from Crafty Sentiments as well and Martha Stewart leaf and border punches. Papers are from my stash, as are these gorgeous flowers. 


And now look at this awesome embroidered elegant butterfly... isn't it a beauty ? I've never seen anything like this before.

You can get it from the Little Snippets shop but I was lucky enough to win it along with lots of other gorgeous embellishments like these when I won the By The Cute and Girly Challenge last month. It just dropped in my letterbox yesterday and since I hadn't yet done my DT card for today, it seemed it was just what I needed to finish off my card!!! Wow I was so excited. Thank you Geraldine.

We would love it if you could join us this week, so hop to the Challenge Blog for more inspiration by the other DT girls and then go get your Lemon and Lilac cards to play with us.

I am entering my card in these challenges today.
Crafts And Me 16 - THINGS WITH WINGS
Creative Craft World - SQUARE CARDS
For Fun Challenges - BIRTHDAY
Bunny Zoes Crafts Challenge 9 - SPRING FLOWERS


Thanks for looking today.
Hugs
xxx

24 comments:

Christina said...

That is a lovely, lovely card Dora! Looks sweet!
Hugs Kristel

Margreet said...

what a gorgeous card Dora....love the cololurcombi....your flowers and the butterfly are fab (as is your colouring)....congrats on winning!
xxx Margreet

Kathyk said...

Great stuff - I can see why you love the image and that embroidered butterfly really IS fab

Kathyk

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, I love the butterfly its amazing, the flowers are ace too. Love Hazelxoxo

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card Dora and love the adorable image.
luv
Debby

Berry said...

Oh I so love that butterly Dora you just know I'm heading off there now lol! Glad you liked the colour combo I love it too and you are right your card has turned out beautifully! hugs Rebekah xx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a beautiful creation, i really like the colours

chrissy xx said...

Oh! Would never thought of these colours, but, they look Fabulous.
LOve your flowers. Your butterfly is Gorgeous too!
Chrissyxx

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Dora, you have made these colours work perfectly, such a beautiful card.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

susibee said...

Gorgeous card and I love the flowers and the butterfly.
Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

Chrissy said...

Oh! Dora, this is gorgeous. I love the colour combo.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Bev said...

stunning loving the papers and flowers. note for self. I need that martha stewart punch. xxxx

Unknown said...

I agree the colours do look fab together.... stunning card hun and yes I love the cute butterfly an dthe flowers too! Jo xx

Geraldine said...

Dora,
You have showcased that butterfly so well. That is a gorgeous card and those lilac flowers are beautiful.
Geraldine x

Choccy said...

Such a cute card, Love the colours you have used.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World. For my 'square' challenge.
Choccy xx

Karina said...

Your card looks so beautiful, Dora. Love it! This colour combo is awesome. Have to try this, too. And the butterfly is gorgeous and is the perfect touch to your card.
Hugs, Karina

Liz said...

really pretty Dora


liz xx

Cards By MI said...

A really sweet spring card. Lovely! Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Jac’s Playground said...

OMG! I adore this card Dora, everything about it and that butterfly is a real eyecatcher. xx

Meera said...

Oh this is just so pretty. I love the butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun.

x Meera x

Embley Veronica said...

Beautiful card! The colors are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week!

Brook said...

Wonderful color combo...definitely have to keep it in mind. The embroidered butterfly is a beautiful touch.

Heather said...

Gorgeous, I love all the embellies.

Kelly said...

SO pretty. The flowers are gorgeous as is the butterfly. Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...