Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

For my dad

It is exactly eight years today since my father passed away, exactly on his birthday, he was 75 years old. I remember I had done a birthday card for him, and being me.... as always, I just didn't post it in time! I so went to give it to him personally, and finding the door closed, meaning they had already gone to sleep, I just dropped it in the letter-box .... but ... he didn't get to see it! Maybe one day I'll learn not to leave things to the last minute!!!!


This is a card I had done quite some time ago but never posted, I thought it would be just right to post on this day.


Very simple, image was a freebie from somewhere, coloured it with my promarkers and papers from Papermania. 

On a lighter note, everything is now ready for the exhibition :) It was really exciting putting everything in place. Finally I managed to decide on which cards to put on display, 'cos you have to select just a few.... and I did another two more cards just for the occasion, which I will be posting later this week. Something NEW for me :) Errmmm ... it's hubby's birthday tomorrow... ermm now I really must go and make him a nice card.... 


See you later for now.

Hugs
xxx

15 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Dora such a wonderful card and just right for today, sending you a big hug Hazelxoxo

Margreet said...

so sad to hear about your loss (althought it is 8 years) Dora and so sorry your card was too late....this one is very stylish...love the image and the papers...don't forget to give your hubby his birthday card tomorrow....wish him a nice birthday!
xxx Margreet

Vicky said...

I'm so sorry about your loss Dora, I lost my father 4 years ago at Christmas at the age of 59 and I know how tough it can be.
Your card is just perfect hun, such a peaceful image and lovely sentiment :o)

Sending you big hugs Vicky xx

Kathyk said...

Happy Birthday to hubby for tomorrow - I hope you'll make him a card that is at least as lovely as the one in this post

Kathyk

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a beatuiful card is this!

Michele Lourenco said...

Hi dora,
This is such a beautiful card. Although he may be gone it's nice to relive the memories.
Hugs to you
michele

Cor* said...

That is soooooooooooo mee too! I'll do it later, I'll do it tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow! What if tomorrow never comes? right! So sorry to hear that this day is hard for you. A beautiful card I'm sure he would have loved ! Can't wait to see what you have created special for the exhibition! woo HOO!!

scrappyjacky said...

It is the perfect card to post today,Dora....there is a very peaceful quality to it.
Good luck with the exhibition.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,a wonderful image and love the DP!!!
HUgs xx

Elli Om said...

Good idea... I ask for new idea for man-cards this time :) Cars and maps are not good for me, but your version is very very interesting :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Thank you for sharing your story about your dad.

Nice to hear your exhibition is coming along nicely - good luck!

Deanne :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great! Love the paper and the image!

Outi said...

I've been browsing a little, and your card just took my breath away. It's so... can't find words... it seems to express so many different feelings.. tranquility, longing, sadness, timelessness (is there such a word?) I just love it! Really!!
Hugs Outi

Kelly said...

This is THE perfect male card. Love it!

LittleNasty said...

beautiful card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...