Followers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Cupcake

For a change today we had some nice weather, not so windy and could see the sun for some time. I never seen such awful weather in June! Anyway, we went off for Sunday lunch this morning with ILs and then to see BIL who just had an op, then also to my sister and now we are back home. 

Thought I would post this card today. This is one of the cards I sent off this week. Still have another three which I didn't show yet, but those have to wait a bit until they are received :) 

I sent this one to the nice guy at the publishing company who sent me this stamp set which I had told you about last time. Normally I wouldn't do a cupcake on a man's card, but I wanted to use the stamps from the set, so I really hope he likes it :) 


I coloured the banners and cupcake stamps with my promarkers, cut all around them and then popped them all up with foam. Today I'm using one of the new goodies I bought last time .. perhaps you are not noticing which, because you wouldn't expect me not to have such a basic thing! In fact it's the circle die cut, was using a compass cutter before, but not quick and left the hole in the centre. I'm so glad I got this die now, cuts so much nicer, embosses and quicker too, love it  :)

I am entering my card in these challenges today.
- Everybody-Art Challenge 144 - BANNERS/FLAGS
- Crafts And Me 37 - PUNCH IT OUT
- Dream Valley 8 - STAMP SOMETHING
- The Crafty Pad 124 - STRIPES
- Aly's Sunday 43 - CUPCAKES


Thanks for looking today

Hugs
xxx




22 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So yummy and sweet! Great colors!

Liesbeth said...

What a lovely card Dora, mmmmm your cupcake, and i love the line on your card.
gr. Liesbeth

Sandra H said...

Absolutley gorgeous card, love the cup cake image and the banners look good too!! even for a man it looks good!! love it....:) Sandra H

Dawn said...

Love your cupcake!Bet the recipient will too!
Thank you for joining in at The Crafty Pad for Challenge 124 Stripes!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

nicolet said...

This card is adorable Dora!
Hugs Nicolet

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Dora, I love all the layers & that cupcake definitely looks good enough to eat (in fact it's making me feel quite hungry lol).
Hugs
Tracey
xx

EFI said...

Wooow Dora your card is so sweet!!! I love the 3D details! Hugs

Vicky said...

It's gorgeous Dora...love the yummy cupcake and the bunting is super too...and I am so pleased you have a circle nestie...!

have a lovely evening....hugs Vicky xx

Brenda Brown said...

It's a fabulous card Dora, bright, summery and I love the banners.
Glad you have had a good day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Chrissy said...

Hi! Hun..you know what..that is one basic die I dont have either, I cut a scallop circle out, then cut the scallops off..lol..
Love the cup cake and he was a nice fellow to do that for you.
Fabulous card, really nice colours.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

Oh I love it. Your bunting is fabulous. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Jules said...

Hi Dora

What a scrummy cupcake card .. .. love it .. .. as I am sure the recipient will.

Men love cupcakes just as much as us ladies!!!

Pleased you have had some nice weather.

Love Jules xx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is brilliant Dora. Love your colouring, its just perfect x

Thanks for joining my blog candy & posting in your side bar. I shall be announcing the winners at some point this week, so keep checking & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Yummy cupcake. Great choice of colors and papers. Hope you had a great weekend!

Hannelie said...

really yummy, I love! it!

Christina said...

Woww this is a stunning card Dora! Love the bright colours you used!
Hugs Kristel

debby4000 said...

Oh Dora this is gorgeous, love the cupcake and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Mary J said...

Yum, yum, yum! I love this Dora - the banners are brilliant as is your doodling!!

aqualeiga said...

I love your bunting, thanks for joining the STRIPES challenge this week at THE CRAFTY PAD, we love visiting your blogs for a look around! Hugs, Ali x

Tina said...

beautiful card as always i love your amazing details and colors

Tina

LindaS said...

Such a happy card. I really like how you used the 3x cool pedantic. Your color combination are always so cool.

Sarah_W said...

Who says you can't use a cupcake on a man's card? I have never met a man yet who will turn down cake! Love all the bunting too. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges! *Hugs* Sarah xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...