Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Summer Baby

This little guy is having fun in the sun.. and I'm having fun in my craft room this week :) yep .. I'm on vacation leave all week long, but since my young man is studying for his 'O' Levels at the moment, we are staying most of the time indoors so he can study...

... I really don't mind if it means I can do a card or two he he :)


This is one of the cards I made.... I really let myself go with the colours and papers here .. errmmm sometimes I think it is too much ... not sure... The stamp is from Mo's Digi Stamps, coloured it with my promarkers,  sentiment is a freebie from Pink Cat Studio and papers from my Me and My Big Ideas paper pack.


I did some scallops today with one of my fancy cut scissors... and today also managed to add a little piece of some ribbon which I just wanted to keep... had it for ages, and just wanted to keep it .. can you understand me?
  

I made my card for these challenges 
Mo's Digi Challenge 78 - START OF SOMETHING NEW (me first time using one of Mo's digi stamps)
- Simon Says Challenge - CARD FOR A CHILD
- Fussy and Fancy - CARD FOR A CHILD
- Bunny Zoes 11 - ONE FOR THE BOYS
- Cute Card Thursday 160 - WEATHER INSPIRED
- Ladybug Crafts Ink 24 - ANYTHING GOES


Thank you for looking today

Hugs
xxx






17 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dora ,,, this will be us in a few weeks eh !!! the sun is shining and the sea/pool is getting warmer ,,,, still FREEZING tho !! Fab papers and embellies too.
,, there is always new embellies/ribbons/papers ,,, so use them and then you can go shopping for new stuff !!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x x

chrissy xx said...

Gorgeous card. LOve everything about it! Great weather here just right for this little cutie! Know what you mean about ribbon lol. I have some I can't use! tooooo nice.
Chrissyxx
What a lovely way to spend your hols.

Mary J said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have lots of ribbon I just can't bring myself to use, lol!!

Brilliant card, Dora - perfect for a summery day so don't change a thing!

pinky said...

Dora this is just aDORAble!! Love the fun colours and gorgeous scallops, very eye catching card. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Brenda Brown said...

Great design and fabulous colours for a summery card. Love it Dora - hope your son is working hard!!!
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Donna said...

Your card is fabulous Dora, such a fun and happy card, love your layout. hugs Donna x

cheryl said...

oh hun ,this is just brilliant oh so love the papers,and love the layout on this,just perfect hugs cheryl xxxxx

JLJ Designs said...

I love the bright colors Dora! They're perfect for this card. I totally understand you about wanting to keep the last little bit. I do this with fabric and then wonder what I'm going to do with a 2" piece that doesn't go with anything : )

Jen

Dorcas said...

Oh wow! Lots of fun stuff here! LOve your creation, Dora. :-) I’m so glad you could play with us this week at Mo’s!
Hugs,
Dorcas
PS) I have some blog candy if you’d like to stop by for a look.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Dora, lovely colours too! Jo xxx

cebelica said...

Summer! This was my first association when I saw this card. I love the layering and the details. Nicely done!

Elaine L. said...

What a cute card! You've included so many fun elements!
Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Deb said...

such a beautiful card, love that little piece of ribbon!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Lisa said...

Too cute! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

Amanda R said...

Love how you used the scalloped border at the bottom and I think the ribbon was (finally!) put to good use! Thanks for joining in at LCI this week!

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous and I LOVE the colours! Great use of the scallops too!

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Open Challenge' :)

Carol x

Anonymous said...

Really cute card, love all the fun colours and embellishments too! Thanks for sharing with us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time! hugs Samantha :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...